About Me

My photo
Lagos Nigeria, Christan , Nigeria
AM a nigerian, i live in lagos, i love sport and music.

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Odion Ighalo opens up on completing his dream move to Manchester United He has been playing in China for Shanghai Shenhua and scoring regularly Ighalo took a £165,000-a-week pay cut to complete a loan move to Old Trafford United paid a £4million loan fee to bring the 30-year-old back to England

                                     The 30-year-old has been playing in China for Shanghai Shenhua and was scoring regularly                                                Ole Gunnar Solskjaer short in attack, United frantically searched high-and-wide for potential forwards to fill the void left by an injured Marcus Rashford, before deciding to bring Ighalo in on loan just minutes before the window shut.
Having signed for Shanghai Shenhua in February last year, Ighalo has played all of his football in China since leaving Watford but is now ready to return to the Premier League with a bang – and he couldn't be happier that it will be with the club he's supported his whole life. Odion Ighalo insists he didn't think twice when taking a massive pay cut in order to complete a shocking deadline-day move to Old Trafford. 'I'm very happy. First, I want say thank God for making this happen and it's just like a dream come true for me.

'People that know me, even back in Nigeria, and even when I was playing at Watford, my team-mates knew that I loved Man United, I support them. When I played against Man United, that emotion is there, because it is my dream.
'It is a nice reality, so I'm very happy and I'm looking forward to start.'
While he was originally on £330,000-a-week at Shanghai Shenhua, Ighalo was more than willing to take a huge financial hit to make his dream a reality.
Sportsmail understands United have paid the Chinese side a £4million loan fee and are paying Ighalo £165,000-a-week until the end of the season – a financial hit the forward said he didn't care about as long as the deal went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment