About Me

My photo
Lagos Nigeria, Christan , Nigeria
AM a nigerian, i live in lagos, i love sport and music.

Friday 19 May 2017

Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt announces retirement after Winning  Dutch title. as Feyenoord defeated Heracles 3-1 to beat Ajax to the title -- the first time they have won the trophy in 18 years.

The former Netherlands international, who also represented Utrecht, Liverpool and Fenerbahce, will take up a non-playing role with Feyenoord. Kuyt rejoined the Dutch club in 2015 having spent three years there between 2003 and 2006.

"Throughout my career I have always followed my heart when taking decisions and that goes for this one too," Kuyt told Feyenoord's . "To me this feels like the right time to retire. I have had two fantastic years here since returning to Feyenoord, with this season's title as the absolute pinnacle. I had the dream of winning trophies and becoming a champion with Feyenoord. All my dreams have come true."                                                                                                                                                                                                                            According to Feyenoord's statement, Kuyt "will focus on gaining a position within Feyenoord's technical management team" and "will follow a sports management-oriented programme." Technical director Martin van Geel will act as his mentor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment