About Me

My photo
Lagos Nigeria, Christan , Nigeria
AM a nigerian, i live in lagos, i love sport and music.

Friday 19 May 2017

Wojciech Szczesny believes leaving Arsenal for Roma was the best thing that could have happened to him and revealed that life at the Emirates Stadium was becoming negative before his departure.                                                                       The goalkeeper has spent two years on loan at Roma and faces an uncertain future, with only one year left on his contract with the Gunners.
Szczesny feels he has never been a better player due to his spell in Serie A and is glad he left Arsenal, despite initially finding his departure tough to take after they brought in Petr Cech from Chelsea.I could have stayed in an environment that was going negatively for me. Instead, the opportunity that came gave me a fresh start. You get a new perspective. You get new coaches and influences. You learn new drills. You do new things.                                                                                                                                  Image result for szczesny                                                                     Now I am very happy that it happened, even if the first impression was that I might be out of Arsenal, which was very painful. Now I think it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me.
"The biggest thing I have taken away from these two years at Roma is the fact I grew as a goalkeeper. It is just raising your levels, your standards. I absorbed a bigger knowledge of football, the tactical side of the game. You don't see me with that rush of blood that I used to have as a younger keeper.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment