About Me

My photo
Lagos Nigeria, Christan , Nigeria
AM a nigerian, i live in lagos, i love sport and music.

Friday 27 July 2018

Carl Ikeme says goodbye to his Wolves team-mates

                                             Ikeme was diagnosed last July in pre-season when a blood test returned an abnormal result                                                  Wolves goalkeeper Carl Ikeme has announced his retirement from football following a year-long battle with acute leukaemia.
He revealed the news to his team-mates on Tuesday morning before training.
The 32-year-old's decision comes following a discussion with medical experts after 18 years at the club.'When Carl came to tell us his news, yes there was sadness, but also great happiness to see him so healthy and hungry for the opportunities that lay ahead of him.
'Carl is strong, a fighter, something he has proven in his playing career and also during what has been a very challenging time for him, so I have no doubt he will be a success in whatever he does next.
'We wish Carl all the very best for the future, but remind him he will always remain a part of the Wolves family.'
Ikeme was diagnosed last July during pre-season when a blood test returned an abnormal result. 
The Nigeria shot-stopper revealed he was in remission last month. I would like to thank my family/friends to start with who have gone above and beyond for me.
'The support I have received from Wolves/Nigeria, the football world and from people from all over the world has been hard to put into words.

'I can't thank everyone at the Christie and heartlands hospital enough for there care!!! What next who knows... I'm just taking it a day at a time.'Ikeme intends to stay connected to Wolves and is excited about watching the team as a fan.
'This is my club. It's been strange because this year I've enjoyed being a fan, watching the games. I'd be getting a bit heated on my own in my hospital room when nobody was about,' he said.
'When I'm doing radio commentary it's no different, I try to be professional but it spills out. This is my club and it always will be, now I'm not playing, I'm a fan and I'm looking forward to it.
'I'll be coming to enjoy the games with the fans who've supported me in my whole career, through the hardest moments.
'Now I’m going to enjoy being around the club, experiencing the good and bad times, but I’ll definitely be in and around the club.'          

No comments:

Post a Comment